About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, January 31, 2010

my intention remains strong


Yesterday I jumped back into endurance building mode. Having been sick most of January has kind of thrown my training plan out the proverbial window. I need to either say forget it it was a good idea but I can not do this marathon or get back at it NOW.
COUNTDOWN
48
DAYS
MARCH 21, 2010 7:20am

So I am continuing to go for it. Yesterday I decided to go for a long run. I ran 12.17 miles with my Garmin 305 and so I have to fun of knowing lots of details both during and after my run.12.17 miles took 2:27:13 and that gave me a pace of 12:06/mile my heart was going at 152/minute most of the time with the maximum of 166/minute.
It was a nice day for a run sunny almost no wind bike path so basically flat although my Garmin gives me credit for a climbing 1176 up/down not sure where that was but OK.

I felt good but not ready to go double that distance plus a few more miles which is what I will be asking of my body in 48 days.
So with a strong intention I press forward. I would lie if I did not admit to a creeping little voice telling me I am insane and it is impossible to run 26.2 miles in 48 days. But a friend of mine reminded me to keep on plugging away and know that I am able to do whatever I set my mind on. So that remains my intention. I just need to keep plugging away at it~and plan my long run schedule and balance rest.

No comments: