About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Now



I am reading The Power of Now. It is an interesting book and gives me a different way of looking at things. Here is my understanding. This moment is all I have, there now it is gone and that one and that one and so on for freaking ever. Can send you into a swirl. The future is the stuff of dreams it is never real because what you think now is now and it is ended every moment is is now the past. YIKES. The only moment we ever get is NOW. So much time and energy is wasted on anxiety, worry, excitement over what is coming next OR regret, worry, reliving over what already is done, over, written that we forget to live right now, oh shit it is gone again , crap there goes another second. NOW goes by fast, but cool thing is there is always another NOW right away to BE ALIVE IN. Release the sadness of past mistakes,move on as well from glories of things done well. Stop wanting the future it is never coming, dont worry about the things that lie ahead all this time in past and future screws around with the power you have right now it consumes your life energy.

I am today just going to BE. That is correct all day today I want to BE in each moment. Go spend time outside Be Present to my efforts, the wind the sky all that is each moment. When I am with another person again be present to that all that they are be respectful of their now as well actually listen to them BE there in the moment. Being alive in the time of NOW.

No comments: