About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

rain go away

Today is Wednesday and my cough is just about in the history books. So ready to run? Ummm not so fast. The weather is conspiring with the universal plan to toss road blocks into my line of training. 59 days left until I attempt to run 26.2 miles and the heavens have decided to open and grant Los Angeles basin with 10 years worth of water in 5 days. This may be the worst storm system in over a decade here. OK I get it~I will do yoga and core work and stay inside until the water/waves/wind/funnel clouds and electric storms move out to the East.

Yoga is allot harder than it looks, so is most everything for that matter. I did 18 exercise on the WiiFit yoga. Now on to planks/side planks and other core work torture. All not too bad and so happy I found time to run yesterday.

Today I am also considering nutrition that make running more enjoyable. Last run I did I had peanut butter toast on whole wheat and coffee and I really felt bloated. So next time I am going to try no cook oatmeal I found this recipe and gave it a test run today it was yummy!
Idea from snack-girl.com
No-Bake, Nut Butter, Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
(Serves 1)
1 small plate
1/3 cup oats old fashion kind
1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter (I use smart balance)
2 teaspoons of 1%milk
1 teaspoon cranberry raisins
1 teaspoon brown sugar and sprinkle of cinnamon
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl with your hands (kids will love this!). Mush onto plate, wrap with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator for a bit overnight is my plan, but at least a few hours for the peanut butter and milk to soften the oats.

No comments: