About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Run because you can!

0630 whole wheat toast/peanut butter/coffee
0830-0930 full body workout including abs using wii fit (still raining)
0915 24 ounces of water
0930 egg over easy/1c fresh spinach/5 cherry tomatoes/slice avocado and oatmeal no-bake cookie
1230 romaine lettuce 1/4 c each black bean/corn 1/2 chicken breast leftover and a tart apple+ 12 ounces of water
1330 1/2 c original chex mix+ 12 ounces of water
1530 skipped
1815 homemade steamed vegetable dumplings yummy!(cabbage/shitake mushroom/carrots/fresh ginger/soy/hoisin/sesame oil filled into wonton wrappers and steamed serve warm with soy sauce/rice wine vinegar as a dip)
2100 shredded wheat 1/2 cup and 1% milk

Run because YOU CAN!
I called home to chat found my father there as my mother ran some shopping errands. My dad is 81 and is upbeat and encouraging. He has recently developed difficultly walking and has been evaluated and prescribed compression hose to wear. He still volunteers at a local nursing home doing odd jobs and drives and maintains a home.He rarely complains so when he asked me how my marathon training was going and I said slow due to my cough and the recent wind/weather he said "run while you can" That really sank into my heart. I will run while I can and use all my other abilities that I have. Use them while you can be present and thankful. I hope those compression hose help my father maintain his independence and mobility.
and RUN WHILE YOU CAN!




I feel thankful
basic needs are met with ridiculous abundance
able body/ sound mind
honesty/beauty/love my life
loving healthy family
weather for a change in paradise
mostly for my new awareness of all my blessings

TO DO LIST
finish paperwork for Home Health
clean area behind the computer
be present
library return DVD

No comments: