About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, February 18, 2010

19.5 miles done


today I got a 19.5 mile run done in about 4 hours
I was planning since last night's evening meal was lentils and rice and whole wheat pita and a tossed green salad
this morning pre-run I had whole wheat toast with peanut butter and coffee
I wore runners shorts with built in underwear so yeah no chafing! that hurt for a few days last long run.
I filled the camelpak with filtered water and tucked in cliff bar shot blocks, a trial size cliff bar brownie flavor and a peanut butter granola bar
I left the house 0815 it was cool and foggy a true GREYDAWN my favorite!!
I planned to run from mile 0 to mile 10 on the bike path an out and back.
at 9.66 miles according to my garmin I took a long rest about parallel to LAX at the water's edge the planes taking off over my head about every 5 minutes. I felt good, but that was enough for me today so I headed back home. I did get hungry again at Redondo pier they had the farmer's market and I could smell kettle corn and grilled chicken I should have brought $$

home and ate a bowl of cereal plopped into the bathtub to soak.
I will need to do some stretching I am feeling very tight!

No comments: