About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, February 7, 2010

my new favorite distance

my first 10K was so fun!

Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 10K was so much fun~ I was hoping for a sub 1 hour but I had fun stopped for water and a glimpse of the huge waves crashing over the breakwater and came across the finish line at about 1:03 according to my Garmin (official results not yet posted). I really felt good because of all this running I have been doing to get ready for the upcoming 26.2 a mere 41 days from now.
Then we went to the seaside lagoon and Asahi Beer (one of the sponsors was giving free beer away to those who ran....I gave mine away to my husband's friends....who wants a beer at 9am??)
today is a free day but rather start the feasting when the game starts ~so I opted to run home 3 miles so I got in 9.2 miles today....now time to whip up a protein shake with berries.
I feel happy and energized. If you have not gotten you exercise in yet today go do you will not regret the post workout brain!

No comments: