About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

slow is the new fast

Today I ran 3 miles. After reading blog about the hills involved in the middle of the marathon I decided I had better start running hills instead of walking. Why are hills so hard? I mean my heart wants to jump out of my chest.

Today I kept my eyes on the ground at my feet instead of looking up at the huge hill I had to climb, this made it a little easier. I still need tons of hill work! I did not wear my Garmin but am certain I was red lining it in terms of "Hey old lady...what the hell are you doing walk before you stroke" kind of message my Garmin would have told me! But I did it and now I will continue to run hills I encounter instead of walking them just go slow and keep going....
SLOW IS THE NEW FAST!


thankful I am able to challenge myself to this marathon
already I am thinking what will I do next? Considering biking because my husband does that and maybe someday when I get stronger we could go on rides together.

Since this marathon I want NO EXCUSES~ I have decided to have no more alcohol until after I run 26.2 miles and flop into the Pacific Ocean on 3/21/10!

No comments: