About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Monday, February 15, 2010

why workout inside?


Why would anyone choose to workout in Gold's Gym Redondo Beach on a treadmill or exercise class when they have the bike path and endless miles of sun/sand?

I read Please, mall walkers, go outside and live a little


trailboy's blog today about mall walkers and then headed out the door for a run. As I got past Redondo pier I decided I better increase my distance so I headed up to the street to pass the harbor. I heard a woman screaming into a microphone some stupid music blaring and I noticed Gold's Gym. I guess they were having an exercise class. Begs the question Who in their right mind would be inside listening to lady loud woman screaming at them when the beach is in plain view????????

it is 70 and sunny we rarely have any weather that stops a runner all year long. Why would anyone choose inside especially when their view proves just exactly they are missing WHY...I conclude everyone inside that gym has gone insane.

1 comment:

hitthetrails said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Greydawn! Let's spread the word. Outside is better!