About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blustery Day

the past few days wind has been a huge factor. sustained wind 25 mph with gusts 40-66 mph is nothing you can ignore!

today I had to get out there but I did not like it one bit for the first 15 minutes strong steady cold wind in my face not so bad but on a beach run that means you get a nice bonus a free microdermabrasion~AKA sandblasting!

I wish the wind would blow away! my run home was a good push with a tail wind that was fun minus the sting of the sand cutting at my exposed skin!

2 comments:

Travelling Dave said...

I look at the positive side of the beach/wind running - free resistance training that will make race day that much easier! We are almost there!

greydawn said...

never thought of it that way! good idea. I sure am happy that the winds stopped!