About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Saturday, March 13, 2010

the pleasure is in the doing

7 days and 22 hours count down is single digit numbers

so am I freaking out?? no the simple truth here is that the pleasure is found in the act of doing. The events leading up to 3/21/10 were life changing. The idea of throwing down a huge goal and actually following through with the actions that could get me to that goal.




I enjoyed the process so much that I am thinking what is next?

Boston someday? attempt a triathlon? trail running? learn a new language? run a business?


I have shifted my attention to the present moment and that changed everything.

I just focus on what I am doing and let go of the results and let go of the fears and just do what I can in the moment.

Sunday I will run 10-12 miles, today will be a 6 mile run on somewhat hilly streets.

No comments: