About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, March 28, 2010

solo runner here


solo or group runner


I admit that I prefer to run alone. I have never found someone else who shows up at the prearranged time willing to run at a mutually good pace. So I am a solo runner.

I imagine that some people enjoy chit chat to help pass the time during exercise. The power of the pack to keep going when you would rather quit can be good! The marathon last week proved to me how powerful a group can be~between mile 20-24 I wanted to stop but so many people were all around me doing the same hard run as me we held each other up in spirit by each person's individual effort. We dared not stop we were all in it together with the same goal run until 26.2 do not stop and we did it!
But I enjoy the silence and appreciate the beauty of the world. I use my running time to reflect or just be present and feel the energy passing through me~pretty amazing this gift of life!!!!!

whatever type of runner you are just get out there and run today!

No comments: