About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday's run



Yesterday 's run was out to Captain Kidd's and back with a huge hill back into Palos Verdes which I ran and it was hard!


I definitely need hill work! I focus on slow but keep moving up and I did it without stopping for the first time! Very proud of myself but wonder why after a year of building endurance hills are so hard??? I will continue to add hills because I really need to improve in this area.

The full moon, high tide and ??tsunami?? induced rise in water level made for fun views on my normally quiet run. The swell breached Redondo Beach Harbor breakwater completely submerging it in sections. Usually fisherman and kids are all over these rocks on Sunday. and the bike path which I run on was underwater in sections so I stuck to the street above the path.

No comments: