About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Monday, April 5, 2010

I am learning


Monday blues and lower self wanted to crawl back under warm covers in dark of early morning.
grey sky hanging with threats of rain.

my higher self reminded my weak self to stir up the brain chemistry with a 4 mile run...you know you will be happy you do it right?

so today I listened to my higher self...because her voice is getting louder and the stuff she says rings true.

so I avoided the chocolate chip cookies and mounds of candy and got my running clothes on.

I started out the door it was windy, grey and mid 50's. started jogging and the strong tail wind was pushing me along it was fun...."see I told you it would be fun" my higher self whispered

Then is started to drizzle the cool drops of water hit my face not bad it was fun a new dimension.
Then I turned back to home and a strong head wind...OK the cool resistance training section of my run!
Then just for fun it really poured hard for about 5 minutes...still fun I was thinking at least this is California it is mid 50's I had a flash back to cross country days in high school running in Cleveland and the stinging wind and icy blasts that the weather there dumps on runners and I smiled.

I am so grateful for my life, my family and friends and see a run is mood changing. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Running always makes me happy. I can start out a run totally grumpy and usually my mood is completely improved by the end.