About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, April 15, 2010

inspiring child!




This 10 year old child completed the L A Marathon in 3:03 his name is Constantine Yap. WOW!



just ran and I feel amazingly energized!

my new goal is a short term goal to improve my 5K pace (next planned 5K is 5/8/10)

after building slow long runs to allow myself to run 26.2 I find it very challenging but fun to now try to improve my speed at a short distance. When I was training for 26.2 it was SLOW 13-14 minutes/mile.

today I wanted to knock out 3 consecutive miles at 10:00 pace for each mile

my results are 3.75 miles average pace 10.01 time spent running 37.36 minutes then a slow recovery walk home.

so much fun training for new goals!! I hope you have given yourself some fun challenging goals!

3 comments:

JW said...

Wow, inspiring! ;) What happened to "slow is the new fast?" Just kidding... it's good to keep things fresh and find new goals! :) Love ya chicka!!

Anonymous said...

i know constantine yap he's at our school he's my friend also

yowadup said...

damn i knew this kid when i was growing up THIS GUY REALLY IMPROVED SO MUCH p.s i ran with this kid im so impressed of this guy