About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Saturday, April 17, 2010

power of the group




Me, Tonia, BJ and Val

I usually run alone. But you can gain benefit from training with others!


Today was a meet and run plan 0830 Dockweiler State Beach and run 10 miles towards Manhattan Beach and back to cars
the pace was faster than my usual long run pace of 13-14. Val and Tonia are training for Palos Verdes Half Marathon next month and want to come in under 2 hours. They want me to train with them, they figure if they can do a Half at under 2 hours then and only then they will run a full 26.2. The goal is the Denver Marathon in October.
today's details for me (I turned back before them they ran 10 I got tired with that pace and turned back before they did)
BJ ran 8 miles with her husband's encouragement (she was only planning to run 6 miles) she says she needs to loose weight before she runs too much so she doesn't hurt herself!

But the power of the group to make you workout harder or run faster is amazing~so I may do these 10 miles runs with them and maybe even run Palos Verdes next month.

8.84 miles in 1:40:30 pace 11:22/mile average speed 5.3 mph max speed 7.9 mph average HR 165/min max HR 192/min

1 comment:

Trail Boy said...

That looks like a fun crowd. I wish I had a regular group of running friends these days. It really helps.