About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am a FINISHER!



It was amazing~I learned I am not a quitter ~I am a Finisher.....30,000 of us lined up at the start but only 22,444 crossed the finish line.

more than high school graduation, more than my RN degree
this was harder to accomplish than almost anything I have ever done
so it means a TON to me

the only things that are remotely close are my marriage certificate (been married since 1987 it is hard work to stay married!)
My 3 children are hard work and I am proud of the job I do as mother!

but decided to run a full marathon and then actually following through with the training (no matter what came along.....and stuff came along) and running for 6 hours even though it would have been easy to stop about 1,000,000 times

I am very proud of my self. I learned that it is hard but guess what I can do hard stuff~kind of cool!

No comments: