About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Monday, June 21, 2010

Los Angeles Marathon 3/20/11

Whatever you focus on expands. I know when I was pregnant it seemed like everyone I was pregnant. When my kids were small I saw small kids everywhere and so on.

These days I am more focused on running and to be more specific a faster runner. You guessed it I keep meeting fast runners.
The other night I was at a crazy house party with about 300 17-18 year olds celebrating graduation from high school. A few of the parents stayed to help the party not get too wild and we were having a blast as well.

I met a guy and we started talking and a mutual friend said "oh you know she just ran the Los Angeles Marathon" I did not even bring it up someone else did. This other guy said wow really what was your time (a dead give away this guy is experienced) so I laughed and said "I finished, that was my goal to finish smiling; and I had a blast for 6 solid hours.... best day of my life!!!"

So he was trying to congratulate me and change the subject but I knew this guy was holding back so i marched head on. "so are you a runner?" I asked. The flood gates opened and for the next 2 hours the running stories were shared mostly of me bowing to his greatness!!! He ran Boston in 2:50 many years ago but could still give me a blow by blow (like no one but a kindred spirit, fellow Marathoner would appreciate) Mind numbing time 2:50 in Boston WOW!! I have to invite this couple over soon for wine and cheese (so I can continue to pick his brain)!!

He stopped running but my prodding seems to have rekindled a desire to lace up and hit the ground~he said he rides his bike now~wonder if he got injured???


Anyway exciting news.......LOS ANGELES MARATHON

Sunday, March 20th, 2011.


and I thought I would not run another marathon.........why not it was way too fun not to do it again right?????

No comments: