About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ultra will never describe this runner!


“If you get lost we’ll bury you where we find you.” With that, the horn sounds and we’re off. The race goes straight uphill for the first 6 miles. In deep sand. At altitude....... was reading this from a blog of an ultra marathoner and laughed out loud. I am so not an ultra marathoner!!!

Today as I work towards my goal of 2:30 Half pace I am actually keeping track of my time and I wear my Garmin 305. It takes discipline to actually improve. So with that in mind I am going to train to improve instead of magical thinking.

5 miles run today

mile 1 10.09
mile 2 9.02
mile 3 9.18
mile 4 9.17
mile 5 slow walk/run home to cool down and sat and stretched and watched surfers

mindset positive and happy to be alive and healthy

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a good run to me!!!

Trail Boy said...

I predict you will run an ultra within five years. Maybe sooner!