About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Saturday, August 28, 2010

slow is the new FAST


long run done and I feel great
I have decided to take back my goal time and go with what worked for me during my Los Angeles Marathon training.
so my new motto is enjoy the process! slow is the new fast!
with that said today I just ran to Hermosa Pier and home 8.24 miles in 1:30 not bad going slow and steady!

free day for food is my treat on long run day!! I get to eat whatever I want all day as a reward to myself for doing the long run
today I really want .....hmmm sushi? yeah that's right I am going to Sushi Gone Wild and grabbing some now!

many people my dear husband is one of them, believe that running is not a sustainable form of exercise.....limiting belief here these people think it is just a matter of time until you get knee/hip/ankle/back pain. I am out to prove these people wrong and that is why I run relatively slow~ I want to be that 90 year old lady at the Los Angeles Marathon in the year 2050!!





The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible
Arthur C. Clarke

1 comment:

JW said...

With your zen-approach to running, you will prove them all wrong! Great attitude, Sheridan! I love your slow is the new fast saying.