About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, September 30, 2010

WHY should I run marathon #2?





you will run your race the way you trained.


Your life is what you repeatedly think, do, say, eat. I am a runner but am I a marathoner?

it is very simple no magic appears on race day to change everything, the race is won in the preparation: the tweaking and fine tuning done as you learn about how your body handles the stress of those really long training runs.

simple truth and it applies to life.


you don't have to wait for ________ to be happy.

Live as if you are where you want to be and you will find happiness is enjoying the process the journey of life. The finish line is marked with a tombstone don't forget to enjoy the journey.

Stop waiting for ____________ just BE. Now is a great time to do this.





THOUGHTS
I am really giving thought to signing up for marathon #2. I need to think about which cause to run for, this creates a powerful answer to the question of WHY am I running. There are so many great charities but I could just donate to them right? Why run and raise money for them? I already ran a marathon so would #2 be as meaningful, memorable? I would be sad if I wait and it gets SOLD OUT ! 171 days until the Los Angeles Marathon will I be there? today is devoted to thinking this through.

No comments: