About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Marathons


Long Beach Half is tomorrow and still feeling conflicted about this race.
I just went down to get my running bib and race day shirt and I want to run!!
It is a beautiful course~the weather is perfect 60's with a misty drizzle!
But my daughter is only here today and leave tomorrow at 12 noon I would rather see her than run~so it is settled I wont go but my heart will be there~ I will wake up early and run my own private 13.1 with my Garmin 305 on Tuesday morning to see what my time is for a 13.1. I will consider this training for Los Angeles Marathon!


I love the energy of a group of runners gathered together. I just got back from Long Beach Convention center race expo.
so much anticipation in the air and a bunch of nasty tasting energy bars~YUCK!

I scored a new pair of running shoes.....OK Los Angeles Marathon here I come again. 155 days of training! I enjoy this process so much~ I am becoming running obsessed! I went to Los Angeles Marathon with a friend who ran the first LA MARATHON 25 years ago and she told me I was lucky. I asked why she said "you just got into running at 50 years old, you dont have any chronic joint pains no stress from years of running many events you will probably still be running when you are 80!" I think she is right!

No comments: