About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

priorities


My daughter is coming home this weekend from Humboldt State University. I miss her terribly and can't wait to hug her. She is coming home 9pm Friday and heading back Sunday at noon. That is so short!! I will barely get to see her but I can't wait.

I was conflicted because I am signed up to run Long Beach Half Marathon.
That will mean driving to Long Beach Friday to get my race day gear and walking up early heading to run the Half and possibly not seeing her at all on Sunday.


So this is made me think WHY do I run events???

I sign up for races to keep me focused on a challenging goal. I know that while it may be easy to just skip a run somedays....I don't feel like making the effort. But with an event coming I know I better head out the door so I am ready come race day.

With that all said I am ready for Long Beach Half but I won't be there.
I will be hugging my baby that morning. I will run my own private Half. I will wake up and run on the bike path early before my baby wakes up to see what my time is for 13.1 unofficially.


I have already set a new goal Los Angeles Marathon in March.

No comments: