About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Monday, October 18, 2010

rain rain go away


"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." Ford

I am training to run Los Angeles Marathon in March
running in the cooler, wet months can be a challenge 50's with rain may have felt wonderful when I used to live in Ohio....but I am spoiled with beautiful Los Angeles almost non-weather.

So I need to stay focused and remember I won't melt in rain and plan my runs and go do them no matter the weather.

I was sick and my kids came home this weekend from college (I probably have infected both campuses now!)
It rained all weekend and I did not run since last week
this morning it is 58 and rainy again and I decided to lift weights and let the cold go away

but it really got me thinking it could rain a ton this year and I am running a marathon in a few months so I need to forget about staying inside if it rains or I will not be ready in March.

No comments: