About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

you can do it


awareness is changing who I am becoming


signing up for a marathon is crazy right? kind of like self inflicted torture on your own terms.
what is to be gained from this nonsense?

mental toughness
how will you react when adversity strikes your life?
you know it will; life has ups and downs
so much is learned out there alone for hours setting tough goals and then following through
despite the heat,cold, wind, hills,nausea,cramps, injuries and days when you don't feel like it but you get on your shoes and go because without training forget about it...you have to get the training in to be successful.


so while the event day is amazing with all the support the gift is the months and weeks spent training
getting to know what your body can endure when your mind has a goal.
learning that you are capable of doing really hard stuff
YOU CAN DO IT!
hey if a 50 year old mother of 3 teenagers can do it you can too~right?

No comments: