About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 was an excellent year

2010  is almost over.
I am at peace with so much growth and change. I am now 50 years old. Not as scary as it seemed. I heard that while 40 is the old age of youth, 50 is the youth of old age. I tend to agree. I am grateful for my life, health,  family and friends.

I ran my first marathon. While the day was amazing what was better was the process. The training and learning. Now as my second attempt at the same marathon approaches I am still learning and growing. This is a process I will never tire from!

I learned how to meditate this year and found my purpose for life is to be love. What an amazing thing to understand about my life I was created to be love.  God is love. I stopped looking outward for God and looked inward in quiet contemplation and found God within which I attempt daily to share with others. I love the book The Four Agreements! I try to live by them. I focus on how much good I have done each day so I am not too hard on myself and realize that we all make about 100 mistakes everyday. I just forgive and press on.

I am learning to live in the present moment, and trying to simplify and support causes that can help others. Last year I raised money for Make A Wish. This year I am asking friends to consider donating money to fund research on finding a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma. (Not formally raising money, just raising awareness).

This week I am hammering out my training schedule so Los Angeles Marathon. I will post it here and on my refrigerator door. NO EXCUSES~ I will be ready rain or shine (sure hope for shine!!)


What exciting challenges lay ahead in 2011? What limiting beliefs will be overcome?

2 comments:

Happy Duff said...

In the two years of our online friendship, Sheridan, it has been my privilege to witness such beautifiul changes in you. I can only imagine how beautiful 2011 - and you - will be one year from now. Wish I could be there at the finish line in Los Angeles to celebrate your success. Hugs, Jackie

JW said...

Oh, I just love this reflection of your year. I am so glad we met and I can call you a friend. You inspire me always and I am glad to know you! :) Someday we will do that hike in the desert, right? We all make about 100 mistakes a day... forgive and press on... love that! Will remember that towards others and myself. ;) Love this thing called life!