About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, December 26, 2010

insane

I am insane. I do the exact same stuff over and over and expect different results. I should be locked in a padded cell.
After 13 days of resting my achey left hip today I went for a 5 mile run in full cold weather gear. Why? It is 60 little breezy, sun shining. I thought I had learned this lesson.
apparently not.

lessons I can not learn include
~never drink more than 1 drink the night before a run
~never do a long run without water/food
~never over dress
~never run fast on a long training run



I am sure there are more these come to mind today.
Good news is with 80+ days until Los Angeles Marathon I feel good. I will keep my fingers crossed concerning my left hip, but for now all is well.

No comments: