About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Friday, December 3, 2010

my journey to health




In Sept 2008 I was feeling blue disconnected drifting along eating crap and feeling sluggish and blah. I rarely did anything except a walk about 1-2 miles a few times a month. My husband signed up a local 5 K and my inner athlete woke up. I decided I could do that too!

I joined an on-line support group called Transformation.com. I learned how to eat better, take responsibility for my actions and to stop making excuses. I learned to blog and became aware of things that derailed my move to be healthier.
This past year I ran Los Angeles Marathon. I feel great!

2 things I no longer want or have anymore Diet Pepsi and McDonald's I was addicted to both of these. So I eliminated them completely. gone~ no longer crave them! I now, in fact, hate both of these for how I feel after I eat/drink them. Fast food in general makes me sick I mean I would rather not eat at all than eat that poison. I would rather drive to a supermarket and buy an apple and a chocolate milk.

As I plan for my 2nd marathon in March I am going to run 10 miles in the morning...weirdly this makes me very happy!! I love long runs!

Just my journey...

No comments: