About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, December 16, 2010

time out


Running temporarily on furlough, self imposed 7 days of rest.
Reason for that is after my long run of 10+ miles this past weekend my left hip has been yelling at me. So I am not running for 7 days to see if this rest will help. Yoga and advil. and swimsuit (ugh) here I come if the hip does not feel better by next week off to the Plunge I will go. In my life before I was a nurse

early 80's I was a horse trainer and we would swim horses to keep them sound during times of lameness to keep the cardiovascular system fit while the affected limb rested. Why does this have to happen in December? The Plunge is an outdoor pool......brrrrrrrrr!

but I think I now want Santa to please bring me a ring lap counter, and some warm sweats!

2 comments:

JW said...

aw man, sorry to hear - rest does sound in order - hope you feel strong again soon!

greydawn said...

thanks Janelle, I am looking into local pools that have a daily use fee instead of membership for a year since money is kind of tight. not too bad under $5 admission. Think I will be doing a few days/week starting after Christmas.