About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, December 12, 2010

long runs are the best teachers


want snow! (native of Cleveland miss snow at Christmas time)

Ran 10.16 miles in 1 hour and 51 minutes pace 10:55
~I am getting faster
~felt ok too hot and I never learn I refuse to carry water and today I really needed it!
~I learned I am stubborn (no matter what I will bring water next long run!)
~I learned I should head out at 7 not 9 am when its hot and sunny
~I learned there are still places that I should apply body glide to! (LOL!)
~the best pre-long breakfast is peanut butter whole wheat toast and coffee
~sushi and green tea still my crave food after a hard run
~I love long runs on Sunday so many other distance runners out there makes it more fun
~no alcohol the night before is a good thing!
~I once again did not overdress (see I am capable of learning)
~I am starting to get excited for Los Angeles Marathon less than 100 days away!
~I enjoy the process of training!!!

No comments: