About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Friday, December 10, 2010

Vegetarian chili


vegetarian chili

home cooking is inexpensive and easy you just need to plan it out. my son is home (happy dance) and I have to (OK I GET TO ) go to work tomorrow. So I am cooking his favorite chili while I am away. tonight soak the dry beans and defrost the tomato sauce I made this summer. Then put it in my crock-pot before I go to work.

soak kidney beans overnight in cold water
then drain in the morning

into blender
jar of tomato sauce (homemade from my garden this summer)
onion
jalepeno
red pepper
carrot
4 cloves garlic
puree

chili powder/garlic powder/onion powder/salt/black pepper/cumin

all into a slow cooker on high 8-10 hours

go to work/shopping/sleep whatever you like

when you get home (I put my slow cooker on the back deck so my house doesn't smell like food all day that drives me crazy!!!)
serve with cornbread or rice or whatever.
I also serve with grated cheddar cheese/regular plan yogurt/fresh cilantro/green onions

No comments: