About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Saturday, December 4, 2010

what I learned on my long run today


ran 9.72 mi 01:45 10:49 pace

things I learned today on my long run
~peanut butter toast and coffee is a good breakfast
~I am stubborn, still refused to carry water
~I bought a gatorade in Hermosa Beach at the Green Market across from Martha's on 22nd
~I need to apply body glide wherever a seam touches my body (ouch)
~I did not over dress! (yeah me!)
~I don't melt (it rained for a bit)
~I am running faster and not taking breaks except to buy Gatorade
~music is still important (need to make better long run play lists)
~running with my Garmin is keeps it real!
~even looking at the steep stairs in Redondo makes me dizzy!! haha

~after my long run's i get so cold like freezing that no hot shower can warm up! ??
~I crave sushi and hot green tea perfect meal after a run!
~I love to run!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

congrats on another long run! peanut butter toast or in my case bagel thins are a very good thing :) be sure you are taking enough liquids/fuel on the run that could be the cause of your being cold after the run.

JW said...

Just love your posts and lists. Thanks for sharing your lessons. Love ya, have a great day!