About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, January 23, 2011

getting ready for Los Angeles Marathon

I just might be unteachable. That thought is creeping into my consciousness. Then I remember, thankfully, ....just because you think a thought it does not mean it is true. 


15 mi 03:10 12:39 pace   bike path run
I never learn. 70's sunny,breezy. did not bring chapstick, food or water. mile 14 almost killed me. got home strong! How do runners ever do a negative split? I am seriously too tired to even consider it!
I already knew I was supposed to bring water/food/cell phone and money. But my ego said, not to listen. 
I know that no matter how many marathons a person does~each one is a difficult challenge all on its own. It does not necessarily get easier, in fact it may get more difficult.
I got my miles done so yeah me. I know that anyone can run 20 miles it is that last 10K where they drop like flies. With that in mind I need to keep getting my miles in every week so that March 20th can be a day of enjoying this beautiful city!

This week I need to run hills! Palos Verdes here I come.





1 comment:

JW said...

you inspire me, Sheridan. It was a rough day. All around. Tomorrow is a new day. I will wake up, ask myself my questions and get back on track. ;) Hope you feel stronger, too. Love ya!