About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

keep it simple

MY GENIUS THOUGHTS ON HEALTHY LIVING…
  • Don’t diet–it’s always temporary and not a lifestyle.
  • Eat what you want, but in moderationeverything can fit, just watch how much you’re eating–  we all know portion sizes exist, right?
  • If I want a cupcake, I’ll eat the cupcake! Depriving yourself never works, trust me.
  • Eat when you’re hungry, and become aware of when you’re not hungry–this sometimes takes time. Rome wasn’t built in a day, so behaviors aren’t changed in a day either!
  • If food were just food, wouldn’t we all be skinny?
  • Exercise! Everyone should exercise! If you don’t exercise at all, start! I don’t expect you to run a 10k next week, but do something!
  • What works for one may not work for another, that’s what makes you an “individual.”

2 comments:

JW said...

You should print that list into a book and make millions. :) It's the truth!

Jackie said...

What Janelle said! I couldn't agree more.