About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, January 16, 2011

long training run

You will run the marathon the same way you ran your long runs. No surprises here. Thes long runs are where you find out what works and adjust what you do.




I ran to El Porto and home 14.07 mi 02:50 12:04 pace

ipod/Garmin/money for snack/drinks which I stopped at the Green grocery store on 22nd street in Manhattan Beach because I dislike carrying water!!

It was warm today mid 70's and sunny and dry. I was able to stay hydrated along the beach path with water fountains/stores to run in and buy a bottled drinks! this is great because I hate running with my camel back it is annoying.

I intend to run 26.2 miles on 3/20/11 and even though I am not right on track with my plan I am close enough! Progress not perfection baby!!

I love training for a marathon, the process is really fun!

I was so grateful when I got home from my long run, my sweet husband had washed and detailed my car inside and out~I love him!

I am thankful to relax and enjoy all my kids at home for a roast chicken dinner/ yukon gold garlic mashed potatoes/ stuffing and cranberry sauce~ode to Thanksgiving minus the turkey (not a fan of turkey anyway).
My oldest daughter is heading back to Humboldt State University early tomorrow morning. I loved having her home for her semester break!! I am not sure if I will see her again until summer because she wants to spend Spring break on a camping trip with her friends. I am so thankful she found a school she loves and friends to share her time with while she works toward a degree in Marine Biology.


Life is good I run because the way it makes me feel happy and full of life!


This week I plan:
Monday swim
Tuesday hilly trail run
Wednesday weights
Thursday easy run
Friday Yoga
weekend long run and a rest day

2 comments:

JW said...

So happy to see you happy. ;)

Jackie said...

This is a feel-good post to read, Sheridan. Someday I'd love to find this kind of bliss training for just the half-marathon. Way to go...J