About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

49 days to train

49 days until 26.2
I am obsessed with this idea and excited and kind of a bit freaked out too.
After my long run this past Sunday...and it is now Wednesday.....I can stand up from sitting down normally again!!

Not too shabby for a 50 year old lady. I was able to do almost 18 miles in under 4 hours. I ran the entire time (except a bathroom break at Hermosa Pier) Since my goal this year at the marathon is to run the entire 26.2 no walking I know I will need to get more long runs in the next few weeks.

This coming weekend I am planning to join a group of runners from Noah's Wish fund raising team and run a section of the actual course. That should be very interesting. I look forward to meeting Dave,  http://www.wonderfulworldofdave.com/ I have enjoyed following his training and he has run many marathons this past year. I just hope I do not slow down their pace!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I've seen Dave's blog in my late-night Internet surfing and I love it. His dogs are so cute. You, lady, amaze me. I have no doubt that you will reach your marathon goal of running the entire 26.2 miles. Your focus and determination are inspiring to me and, even though I can't be in LA in 49 days, I will be cheering for you in spirit. Hugs... J