About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

doubt

I am at a place called DOUBT. I visited this place last year about this time. I think it is a mandatory place you go before you run a marathon. So I acknowledge this place but I am not staying long. Because I know I can run 26.2, the doubt is asking me to ask but why should you? you already did this and what is the point?
 So today I re-examine my motives and press on with self discovery.

I am aware, grateful, excited and afraid.

This Sunday's long run of 19-20 miles is on my mind (hope it stops raining)

also my post marathon plans are brewing
swimming is going to become part of each week instead of each month.



Tonight is a fund raiser for Leukemia at the Hermosa Beach Comedy and Magic Club~that is my charity for the Los Angeles Marathon~I really want to raise awareness I do not like to ask co-workers and family and friends to donate to my running causes I feel like an annoyance asking but if they choose to give I am glad I helped point them towards a good cause. So tonight we will laugh and have a good time while raising money to help a specific family battling Leukemia.


I am not fund raising but Dave is ~please drop by and support him if you feel drawn to support a great cause!! http://www.active.com/donate/noahswish/DAvery

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Fear is a good motivator, too. Enjoy your run and good luck tonight with the fundraiser. I believe you have my email address. Contact me with address info and I'll send you a small contribution to support your cause and acknowledge your commitment.

JW said...

Awhil back I wrote this poem...I just found it again tonight and thought of you....
DOUBT

I know you don’t believe in me,
I can see it in your eyes.
Like daggers to the heart,
you try to convince me of your lies.
My excitement must threaten
your precious status-quo.
My passion must scare you -
as you stare at your great unknown.

Will I succeed?
Will I fail?
What does it matter
as long as I walk the trail.

Rather dream than die
Rather dream than die

Life is a journey,
get into the flow –
Doubt is a lie that keeps you asleep,
Wake up to potential -
You are worth more than you know.

Will I succeed?
Will I fail?
What does it matter
as long as I walk the trail.

Rather dream than die
Rather dream than die

greydawn said...

Jackie~I am not fund raising only trying to raise awareness about the power each of has to make a difference~thanks for your offer. If you feel moved to please support my friend Dave at Noah's Wish since he is actively fund raising.

Janelle~thanks for that poem it is a beautiful gift you write very meaningful words here!!

Anonymous said...

Conseils tres interessants. A quand la suite?