About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Monday, February 21, 2011

where am I going? goal setting (again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUnqbBgYZmI


Cheshire Cat: [singing] 'Twas brilig, and the slithy toves / Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: / All mimsy were the borogroves, / And the mome raths outgrabe. 
Alice: Now where do you suppose...? 
Cheshire Cat: Lose something? 
Alice: [turns around to find just the Cat's smile talking to her] Oh my! oh, no no, I was just... uh never mind. 
Cheshire Cat: Oh, that's quite all right. One moment please. 
[two eyes drop down on top of the mouth and the full cat form appears] 
Cheshire Cat: Second chorus. 
[singing] 
Cheshire Cat: 'Twas brilig, and the slithy toves / Did gyre and gimble in the wabe 
Alice: Why, why you're a cat! 
Cheshire Cat: A *Cheshire* Cat. 
[starts to disappear] 
Cheshire Cat: All mimsy were the borogroves... 
Alice: Oh wait! 
Cheshire Cat: [reappears] There you are! Third chorus... 
Alice: Oh, no, no. I was just wondering if you could help me find my way. 
Cheshire Cat: Well that depends on where you want to get to. 
Alice: Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as... 
Cheshire Cat: Then it really doesn't matter which way you go. 








Decision making is not my strong suit. I am learning that about myself. What do I want? What are my goals? 


If I do not have goals it doesn't matter what I do right? Just take the path of least resistance and glide along life. Or make some decisions and goals and plan action steps to get to those goals. I need to consider where I want to go in life or how will I know if I ever get there right?



2 comments:

Jackie said...

In my experience, goals can be guideposts for progress or prison bars blocking spontaneity. I prefer spontaneity for that is when miracles happen. Follow your heart - God never leads us astray.

JW said...

Wow, I always thought you were great at goals and decisions.. maybe you just need to change your mind about yourself. ;) Love ya!!!