To claim my award I've been asked to tell you seven things about myself and then pass the award on to some blogging friends. So, here goes:
- I am the 5th of 9 children. I had the best childhood ever so full of happy memories. We had almost no money. Our home was full of love.
- When I was around 13 I won $25 from WIXY 1260 for being the 21 caller with the correct number of songs played in the prior hour~I think it is the only thing I ever won.
- I ran Los Angeles Marathon last year and finished it in 6:00 at age 49. I am very proud of that! I am signed up to run again this year but I have injured my left hip training so I am not sure if I will be at the starting line~time will tell.
- I met my husband in a club when I was 21~it was love a first sight! He still turns me on! He has sexy soft lips and big strong muscles!
- I mediate twice a day. This is a new part of my life and I highly recommend this practice.
- Ways I have made money in my life include: collected newspapers and bottles door to door, babysat the heirs to the Murphy Oil Soap fortune (and vacationed with the family as the nanny), as a receptionist at a car dealer, short order cook at a sandwich shop, groomed/exercised horses on the hunter-jumper circuit,lifeguard at an apartment complex pool, owned and ran 2 pizza stores, worked mostly as an RN in ICU.
- I recently stopped drinking because it was interfering with #5. I am not making any blanket statement about the good/bad of drinking~just right now it doesn't work for me in my life.