About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Monday, March 7, 2011

I got an award~for this blog

A great blogging friend who takes the time to post supportive, encouraging comments on my blog, has nominated me for a "Versatile Blogger" award.   Thank you so much, Jackie!



To claim my award I've been asked to tell you seven things about myself and then pass the award on to some blogging friends.  So, here goes:

About me:

  1. I am the 5th of 9 children. I had the best childhood ever so full of happy memories. We had almost no money. Our home was full of love.
  2. When I was around 13 I won $25 from WIXY 1260 for being the 21 caller with the correct number of songs played in the prior hour~I think it is the only thing I ever won.
  3. I ran Los Angeles Marathon last year and finished it in 6:00 at age 49. I am very proud of that! I am signed up to run again this year but I have injured my left hip training so I am not sure if I will be at the starting line~time will tell.
  4. I met my husband in a club when I was 21~it was love a first sight! He still turns me on! He has sexy soft lips and big strong muscles!
  5. I mediate twice a day. This is a new part of my life and I highly recommend this practice.
  6.  Ways I have made money in my life include: collected newspapers and bottles door to door, babysat the heirs to the Murphy Oil Soap fortune (and vacationed with the family as the nanny), as a receptionist at a car dealer, short order cook at a sandwich shop, groomed/exercised horses on the hunter-jumper circuit,lifeguard at an apartment complex pool, owned and ran 2 pizza stores, worked mostly as an RN in ICU.
  7. I recently stopped drinking because it was interfering with #5. I am not making any blanket statement about the good/bad of drinking~just right now it doesn't work for me in my life.

3 comments:

~ Darla ~ said...

Congrats on the award. Wow on #3 -I can see why you're proud of that. What an accomplishment. Nice to get to know you better.

Jackie said...

Ditto what Darla said. It is nice to get to know you better. You have an interesting work background and are obviously no stranger to hard work!

And, you definitely deserve the award. Your blog is never boring and full of interesting tidbits - non-caloric of course.

I agree with the alcohol interferring with meditation. If I drink I don't meditate. I just go to sleep!

Have a great Monday, my friend.

Jackie

Beginning Anew said...

I agree, drinking is counter-productive to my healthy living...no judgements, it's just my observation on my life. Sorry about your injury. Get Well Hip!!!!