About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I need your positive energy!

http://www.xacte.com/templates/la.html

(in case you dont know me my name is Sheridan Ghaby, I am a 50 year old mom of 3 teens. I work as an RN case manager in ICU. I run because I can, it gives me energy and keeps me fit)

I am running Los Angeles Marathon this Sunday to raise money for relief efforts for the tragic ongoing hell unfolding in Japan.

I need all my friends to send me positive energy this Sunday~race begins at 0730 PST and if last year is any indication I will be done early afternoon! If you want to track where I am live you can click on the above link and have emails or texts sent to you as I cross various mile markers.

Wish me well. I know I can do it!  as long as I keep moving and don't quit I will get to the Santa Monica pier~and flop into the Sea around 2:30 give or take a few.......

I am making this Marathon a prayer of gratitude
each mile will focus on a person I am grateful for

I am making 26 bands with the 26 names each mile is dedicated to in my thoughts
thinking of these people who mean so much to me will keep me moving to the end.

5 comments:

JW said...

Oh, Sheridan, you know you got it from me!! I am working on Sunday, but just for YOU, I will Stop every hour and do a Prayer for you, along with a Gratitude Prayer. I will throw in 24 Jumping jacks, too, so my heart is pumping (you are doing 24k, right?). :) Let's see, I will have to start at 9:30! How many hours? You will do great, I so admire you!!!

~ Darla ~ said...

Sending every single bit of positive energy your way. You will do awesome and wow, what an accomplishment. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jackie said...

You've got it, Sheridan. I'll be thinking of you and including my prayers of gratitude on Sunday as well. I may not be running, yet I can certainly do my part by being grateful for my blessings and loved ones while sending prayers and positive energy your way. You are amazing, though I know you could care less about that. You are love in action.

PenWyze said...

Perfect Sheridan! This is such a wonderful and inspiring act of service. I will be rooting you on in spirit all along the way. Looking forward to reading how it all went for you.

greydawn said...

@Janelle It's 26 miles, 385 yards (42.195 kilometers).