About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

miles of happiness

I love running, even in the rain!
Here I am running down Rodeo Drive smiling I think this is around mile 17?
I really love the entire process of marathon running because it is so much fun! I just love focusing on doing something huge and typically not seen as fun and making it fun!
Last year the weather was beautiful and crowds made the marathon a blast! This year, while there was excellent volunteer support even for slow runners like me the rain caused many people to just stay home.
I still had a blast!

3 comments:

JW said...

Beautiful!! Look at that smile! :) My favorite day during my 300 mile bike ride last summer was the day it rained... it was so exilerating and something you don't think you will enjoy until, there you are!! ;) Love that pic, Sheridan! What an accomplishment!

Jackie said...

17 miles and look how radiant you look! Clearly, you do love running, though I know you were running for a higher cause and maybe that's part of your "glow" that I see, too. You are the only person in the whole world who has made me even consider running a half-marathon. Maybe I should start with one mile though and hope I look as happy as you do after 17! Great picture.

Beginning Anew said...

Awesome!