About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Staffan Svahn - The Pearl - Original Acoustic Guitar





Did you know that the pearl, this natural wonder, is actually the result of a mistake? Natural pearls only grow if a grain of sand is mistakenly introduced into an oyster and this happens rarely in nature.
So the pearl is either a wonderful creation or a mistake depending on how you look at it.
In my life I believe that some of the best things have come out of my mistakes. This is especially true when it comes to my music. It is usually when I make a mistake that I suddenly find new and interesting chord progressions.
Maybe we should not be so afraid of making mistakes and judge less harshly, what we believe are, the mistakes of others.

This tune is inspired by Jackson Browne, one of my all-time favorite artists. I feel that he has an unsurpassed magical mastery of words and music. I have been spellbound by his music ever since I heard "Running on Empty" for the first time one summer evening, more summers ago then I care to remember.
I think you can hear some chords from his song "The Road" in this tune. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: