About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday

day full of simple pleasures
~the warm breath of my husband and a morning hug
~hot strong coffee
~morning fog creeping down the street
~the plants swishing in the mild breeze
~the hardwood floors on my bare feet
~morning doves cooing on my neighbors roof
~the smell of low tide in the air
~the sound of waves crashing
~bike riders intense energy as they pedal past my house
~peace of knowing I am lucky to have good health
~after glancing at the newspaper~happy I don't live in a country fighting a war
~plenty of healthy food choices and drinkable water
~seagulls screaming in the distance
~bare footed teenagers in wetsuits run past my house towards the Ocean carrying surfboards
I have only been awake for an hour and I am in such an excellent mood. I live with awareness of all I am blessed with~off to the beach soon to soak up more! sun, wind, salty air, poppies dancing in the garden, dolphins playing in the surf, sand crabs burying themselves after each wave, surfers and paddle boarders ride the waves.


I am going to run on the sand~I love life it is amazing~so happy I don't have to work today!


after my run


~super foggy
~high tide, SW swell fishermen and runners, walkers,bikers, skateboarders, scuba divers, Dolphins, gull, pelicans, rosemary, lemon blossoms
~Ran 7 miles in 1 hour and 30 mins. cool fog, sweet energy found at the beach this morning
~baking chocolate chip+oatmeal cookies aroma is intoxicating!
~happy to be a Mommy.... lucky 2 of my 3 kids are home
~tri tip roast slowly roasting with last summer's tomato sauce
~love my neighborhood, sweetest people live next to me!

2 comments:

~ Darla ~ said...

I could really see, taste and feel that. Great description and being in the moment.

Jackie said...

I agree with Darla, S. I always feel like I'm right there with you when I read your blog. It's truly a breath of fresh air.

I nominated your blog for an award if you'd like to claim it. If not, I understand. For sure your beautiful thoughts have earned recognition. You can claim your award here:

http://midlifemyway.blogspot.com/

Hugs,

Jackie