About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

do it!

I am off work today and I am excited because that means I can go for a run. I feel asleep last night thinking about where I should run today. I could run everyday but I don't. I only run three days a week because I like to get outside first thing in the morning. Some weeks I try a sunset run but I really am a morning person. It is pretty windy today so I get built in resistant training. I am hoping to get into the http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikerunning_events-en_US/2011/03/16/2011-registration-information-nike-womens-marathon
so I would be wise to train on hills and in wind so I am ready. I do not want a repeat of this year's Los Angeles Marathon (EPIC FAIL) where I was unprepared for wind and rain and did not finish. So today I am happy to see the wind (not really trying to psyche myself up haha!)

I did not always get excited to run especially in wind or up hills. So you might be asking yourself is this old lady crazy? I used to watch tons of TV eating chips and sour cream, candy, ice cream, french fries, fast food and spend my days off shopping and buying tons of useless crap. Then I got really unhealthy and slowly started to realize if I did not change I was going to get really really heavy. My mind was already there and I was lucky I woke up before my body followed my mind to deep despair!

Now I try to surround myself with inspiring people who have challenging goals and life took a pleasant turn. So to all my readers who are trying to figure out how they can change here is my suggestion. First of all never give up on yourself, believe that you can change. Next just go outside today and move just do it make it simple. I love to keep things simple like the blog Zen Habits


http://zenhabits.net/train/

No comments: