About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, April 7, 2011

faking it



I spent all day with my husband's side of the family. His Uncle died and we went to the funeral and grave and reception.
The challenge for me was my heel broke off my boot and I had the challenge of pretending nothing happened so not to draw attention to myself during their grief. I did a good job no one noticed!

3 comments:

JW said...

Condolences to your husband's loss (and yours). I know you have had a tough week...hope things can turn around for you. Too bad about your heel! lol But way to handle it gracefully. ;)

Jackie said...

You're so striking and beautiful, Sheridan, that I doubt anyone would even notice if you did limp. Yet, I'm touched by the fact that you didn't want to call any attention to yourself - even under circumstances out of your control. You are beauty, grace and compassion in action. And I hope my comment doesn't embarrass you because I really mean it.

greydawn said...

Thanks Janelle and Jackie