About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Saturday, April 2, 2011

talking myself into a good day despite what's going on

1.Last week of school~tons of stuff to do to finish strong (not my forte! remember I stopped on mile 23 of 26.2 just saying)
2. Niece doing a little better, but remains in Pediatric ICU) after brain surgery following a bike accident (she was not wearing a helmet)
3. husband's Uncle died last night after long illness
4. out of state relatives will be coming to stay with me for 7-10 days as a result of #2 and #3
5. Palm Springs 0700  tomorrow morning for a long ago planned Spring break get away
6. I went for a run to help get stress level down and it felt amazing
7.  post run green tea and sushi ~the best meal of the week!



I feeling a bit stressed as a result of all the above things~recognize the stress will not let it get hold of me. I will focus on NOW finish my school work~get it done graduation is just a breathe away!

2 comments:

JW said...

Yay about graduation! You do finish strong, girl and you will finish just fine with school. ;) Way to look at your stressors and not try to cover up or ignore but also not dwelling. Breathe... one moment at a time!

Jackie said...

Sending you lots of positive energy and prayers, Sheridan. You've got a lot going on now, yet, as always, you are handling many challenges with grace and strength. Condolences for the loss of your uncle-in-law and congrats on your hard work and soon-to-be-graduation! Hugs and prayers, Jackie