About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ok I am in

http://simplyhealthyone.blogspot.com/2011/07/self-portrait-challenge.html?showComment=1311082252822#c1948010277486578944

my friend Janelle set a challenge I accepted below is the explanation  copied from her blog

Yes, the challenge here is to take a picture of yourself - but not just to take a picture - to capture the ESSENCE that is "You."  

Well, Janelle, isn't that a little narcissistic?  Naw..... it really isn't.  

The reason for this challenge is to practice self-compassion and self-acceptance.  
If there is one thing I am learning on Life's Journey, it is that you can't give away 
what you don't have.  If we don't have self-compassion and can't accept ourselves, 
we are just faking compassion and acceptance towards others, or not giving it all.  

Get creative, express yourself and share with other bloggers!  If you want to keep your identity hidden, surely there is a way to do that and still participate.  Use your imagination.  

Self-Portrait Reveal Date:  August 29th!!  

2 comments:

JW said...

Hey, Girl. Glad you are in, thoough I was hoping friends didn't feel "obligated," know what I mean. I just thought I would put it out there and see what happens. If you link the picture you just posted on the sidebar back to my post, you can then click on it and see the updated list of other challengers. I just thought it would be a fun thing, we will see. I don't really "network," so it may end up just you and I. lol Have a great day!!!

JW said...

Did you get my post? If not, I just said you can link the picture in the sidebar back to the original post in my blog so you can click and see who else is signed up. I will update the list. I don't really network, so it may just be you and I. :) If so, that's fine, too. No attachments. :) Thanks for joining in! Should be fun!