About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rambling thoughts on another perfect day



I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health~ Voltaire



Perfect morning for a run overcast skies and 62 degrees and I don’t work today!


Every day and turn my face up to rain or sun, stars, clouds...listen to music...SING...dance...PRAY...LISTEN instead of talking so much...pay attention...appreciate (LOVE) each person, place, thing for its unique beauty (including me). Call, talk to or somehow connect with one person each day, be it family, friend, colleague, neighbor or stranger - let them shine.

I chose to be happy today.
I inspire others by the way I live yesterday at work everyone wanted me on their team as we started a hospital wide competition to see which team can record the most steps taken (walked or run) 7/25-918 almost everyone knows I run because I always bore everyone with the topic!

Just ran 6 miles in an hour and I feel great love overcast skies best running weather

WHY do I run at 50 

I run to inspire others mostly my youngest child to do hard things and believe that they can! Summer cross-country training is in full swing and she is a newbie runner. Since I have been there done that I can talk her through it and help her form a powerful mindset to run hard or stay home. Today she ran 4 miles including the dreaded bridle trail and she was so proud to tell me that she did not walk! Her coach is quiet and easy on the new runners letting go of the ones who just don’t want to run before August. His only requirement is no walking because according to him walking is contagious.  I agree walking is not acceptable in a 3-mile run no way!
With that thought in mind I have a new goal no walking. Long Beach Half is coming up in October and I will do it with no walking because it is hard and I can do hard stuff.


I run because it is my medicine it brights my mood all day!


I run to support other runner's causes I personally don't feel compelled to be a fund raising runner I do support others who have taken up this reason to run!

I run so I can eat macaroni and cheese, pastrami on rye with Russian dressing and an ice cold locally brewed pale ale and still fit into my favorite jeans!


video
I run to get views like the one in this video I took this morning; it was overcast and the harbor was quiet and grey.


1 comment:

JW said...

Beautiful ramblings. ;)