About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

8/23 summary of my journey to health




EXERCISE

still no focus on time just getting miles consistently done~today was an easy 3 miles at the beach.

thoughts
we are in Heaven right here and now it is all how you see life.

I was running with my ipod on and it died in the middle of "Stairway to Heaven" (my favorite song of all time!!) but I asked the Ocean if I could borrow some energy and got it! I see the obstacles that use to stop me before as challenges to make me smile and say to myself how funny my ipod died but I am still going to run. Last year this time any excuse would stop my run too hot, too late, too tired too rainy~then I stalled at mile 24 in the rain because I never trained for hard stuff like hills, wind, rain, heat now I see obstacles as a game something new!

FOOD
poached egg wheat toast coffee(sugar and half and half)
grapes
pear
homemade lentil soup a few dried pita chips
3 Rolos candies
roasted red pepper pureed and used as a dip for steamed vegetables
hearts of palm with lemon juice
fresh tomatoes from my garden and avocado( also canned 3 quarts of homemade tomato sauce)
edamame 
wasabi peas
watermelon

2 comments:

JW said...

I love that you asked the Ocean for energy. :) Nice song too! Love your journey!!

JW said...

Hey you! I had to stop. I swear, I am not dramatic with "feeling sick" but the last time I had a few glasses of wine, I ended up sooooo sick. Then a few months after that I had like FOUR vodka martinis and had heart palpatations all night, waking up with a throbbing headache the next morning. If I could just drink one.. fine.. but I never can, so... Club Soda for me, please!! Will I never again? I don't know.. I just know I am not on Saturday. ;)