About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Thursday, August 11, 2011

intuitive running

today I ran without timing my run 5 miles out and back
ran back with intervals really hitting 10's
after my run I took off my running shoes and played in the surf~the water felt icy cold but wonderful!

running without stopwatch is kind of like trying to get healthier without stepping on a scale everyday.
I will see how fast I run on Oct 9th in Long Beach when I run a Half Marathon, until then I am focusing in on running often and gradually increasing the distance~all by intuition.

I have completed 2 Half Marathon
1. Denver  2009 ~2:52:50
2. San Diego 2010 ~2:47:53
3. Long Beach 2011 ??? to be seen I would love to run my best without getting hurt so will try hills and increasing distance and no Garmin no timing and let's see what happens on Oct 9, 2011


to Aracta ,Ca for a few days to get my daughter set up in her apartment and ready for sophomore year at Humboldt State University.road trip begins this Sunday:
Then the plan is to rent a condo in Mammoth Lakes, Ca for a few days of relaxing in the mountain air, running at elevation, mountain biking for my husband, hiking, and hope to catch the Goo Goo Dolls concert before heading back home next weekend.

watching my portion sizes and focusing on 80% fresh vibrant food each day
nothing too severe so it is sustainable
and drinking lots of ice water

I have been working more than ever~Why is it before vacation you need to work twice as hard?

2 comments:

PenWyze said...

Nice..... Intuitive running makes sense to me. There is such freedom in it. Also love the 80% fresh and vibrant food each day. Have a nice time on your trip.

JW said...

Love this!!! :)