About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cold and Hot Weekend

My Memorial Day weekend.
Friday I left work early to avoid the weekend get away traffic, only to get stuck on the 405 Freeway.
Traffic is predictable leaving the LA  on most long weekends, unfortunately.
I had my 5 month old Alaskan Klee Kai puppy and  21 year old son to keep me company on the drive.
The drive felt like a video game with changing screens like we were getting no where really fast!
My son, Anthony

Saturday Morning(5/26/12) snow at Lodgepole campground in Sequoia National Forest
Me in the pink/purple coat hiking to a waterfall in the Giant Forest

Sylar (5 month old Alaskan Klee Kai)

Sunset in Redondo Beach Memorial Day 2012
When we left LA it was sunny and 66 degrees~when we  arrived at Lodgepole campgrounds in Sequoia it was 27 degrees and snowing at 11:30PM ! 8 hours later we lost about 40 degrees.
My husband drove our RV up a day earlier to secure a campground and hike and commune alone with nature. When we arrived he had dinner ready and a campfire glowing among the falling snow~very romantic!
A great deal of people were tent camping and while I admired their strong will to tough it out I was happy to have the warm RV.
I woke up to see 4 inches of fresh powder on my car and everything else it was magical! I grew up in Cleveland but my son had never seen snow actually falling and he was seeing it with a childlike enthusiasm. We had a snow ball fight and hiked into the woods for hours. The snow melted by afternoon but it remained very cold in the Giant Forest.
We left Sunday afternoon to catch the summer kick off  weekend at the beach. The ride home was faster since no on was on the road, but my son needed to study with computer and there was no service up in the forest.
Sunday evening I enjoyed a sunset beach walk and spent Monday listening to air show WWII planes circle in formation and planes dragging ads for the crowds gathered in the sand.

I love living in Los Angeles.


No comments: